Wednesday 20 June 2012

Here Comes The Sun!


Oh what a GlOrIoUs day we've had today, plenty of blue sky and sunshine!  But don't be fooled, Mr Rain is on his way! Boo!


Here is charity shop top #2 - very pretty with flowers and hummingbirds. From River Island.


Thank you all sooooooo much for you lovely comments on my last post, they were so encouraging.  So here is my second square (and joined on!) - I won't show you every square :) promise! next time you see this it will be Tuesday!



Here is my jar for the Jar of Love swap!! VeRy ExCiTeD!


Did some baking today! Not Gem's scrummy cake as I didn't have enough time but instead some Oatmeal Raisin cookies.

Have you spied the green underneath the cookies? You have?
Look, it's a BeAuTiFuL vintage faded floral cake stand. £3 from the lovely Ebay!


From the side.



I shall leave you with a few garden snaps.  Will all this sunny then rainy weather the plants are coming on a treat!



Managed to get some washing out! I do love the smell of laundry that's been drying outside!



Lovely green foliage on my Dogwood!



Oh so fragrant lavender by my front door.  The smell every time I come in or go out is amazing!



Close up.  Such dainty flowers.


And an arty one as the clouds moved in!

Hope you've all had a sunny one!

xxx

18 comments:

  1. I miss the smell of outdoor laundry :(
    Good luck with your one a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum i can smell those cookies from here! yum.
    that cake stand is gorgeous.
    Loving the Granny squares. Your so good joining as you go. Mine are all in neat piles in a box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't join mine would stay as lovely neat piles :)
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  3. Hasn't it been a lovely day, you seem to have made the most of it. Those cookies look delicious :) the jar looks exciting, would have loved to join in with this swap, but I am too busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness...more cookies..Everyone has been baking a little something or another this week and I am really trying to be good and NOT make all these yummy treats...What are you making out of the squares?? If I missed that I am sorry!
    Shari :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari, I'm hoping my little squares will turn into a cushion cover :) need some homemade furnishings!
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  5. Love the crochet squares - nice colours.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake stand is so pretty what a great buy and your oat cookies look yummy. Wow your granny sqaures are smashing isnt a good feeling when you see them all coming together ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty cake stand and those cookies look very yummy!
    It was sure lovely yesterday..here is hoping that the sun will soon make an appearance again someday soon..
    Have a nice day today..
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Victoria! Lovely top you`ve got there and lovely garden too! And very pretty and sweet squares you made! I love lavander so much and would love to grow it at my balcony too ;o) Your cake stand looks beautiful and yummy with your coockies on it :o)
    Have a sweet time dear friend
    love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake stand is gorgeous! Doing one square a day is a great idea. It's an attainable goal and a little every day will add up before you know it! I'm working on a blanket of tiny crocheted flowers, and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I just work on something small instead! Thanks for the motivation.
    xo Julie
    ♥Julie Rose Sews♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. And back to rain again today huh...typically British summertime...boo! I love the colours you are using for your grannies...lovely :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that cake stand. What a bargain!
    Thanks for your kind comments on my last post.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The top with hummingbirds and flowers is sweet. Do you know that is my beloved bird? I even did a post about them at one time. Those oatmeal raisin cookies look so yummy, and are a favorite of mine! And the vintage plate.....so pretty. This post was so delightful.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all your sweet comments!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Victoria,
    You lovely Giveaway parcel arrived today... I am so thrilled!!
    Your lovely framed scrabble art is going to have pride of place in my new workroom when it is completed as are my pretty candle holders and little heart bunting. Thank you so much lovely lady...you have made my day!
    Hope you are having a good week,
    Susan x
    P.S Love your vintage cake plate...such a lovely find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou so much for my award your very kind x
    Lovely pictures ,i love lavender too i grew some myself last year from seed and now i have about twenty plants xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cake stand and the pretty top,great finds,love Lavender :) too xxx

    ReplyDelete