Monday 4 June 2012

A Spot of Gardening

The Diamond Jubilee festivities are in full swing but it's such a shame that the weather has let us down again.  It is pretty grey and dreary here today and quite chilly! But at least the rain has stopped!

Didn't the Queen look elegant yesterday, even in the pouring rain! Loving her brooch! :)

photo taken from The Sun
 And Catherine looked stunning in red!
photo taken from The Sun
 Forgot to show you these last time.  I treated myself on Thursday to these oh so pretty Sweet Williams.  Such beautiful colours!



Some close ups! :)


This weekend we have been pottering in the garden, tidying it up a bit and planting some new things.  Yesterday morning in the pouring rain Hubby went out and emptied all the pots and refilled them with lovely fresh compost and this morning while it's been dry I have been potting a few things up.

Sweet Peas and Geraniums



Here is my mint cutting in its new home - grow little mint, grow!


More geraniums in my favourite red colour!


Some Sweet Williams - not sure if these need staking?


And while we were tidying - look! - our Victoria Plum has plums on!! Soooo excited!


I've also ordered some Rhubarb, some more Lavenders, some more Dianthus and a Dogwood shrub - just waiting for them to arrive.

Started another little hooky project too (it's not been the weather for scarves just recently) Can you tell what it is?


It's going to be a crochet bangle, after seeing these in this months edition of Mollie Makes - the tutorial is by the very talented Suzanne.  Here's a link to her blog.


Hope you're making the most of this extra long weekend - we're looking forward to watching the Jubilee Concert tonight!

Until next time

xxx

ooh, just wanted to let you know I've extended my giveaway for another week as I forgot it's half term this week and lots of you take the week off blogging and I wouldn't want you to miss out!

xxx

22 comments:

  1. Yes, it sure has been a shame that the weather hasn't been the greatest for the Jubilee Long weekend..too bad the weather wasn't like last weekend.
    Enjoy the Jubilee concert tonight, I will be watching as well :)
    Such pretty Sweet Williams, I am sure they smell just lovely :) I have some growing in my back yard, I will have to cut a few to bring inside to enjoy.
    Happy Gardening and Crocheting!
    Magie x
    ps: I love the bunting you have on your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your lovely comment Magie! You have a gorgeous blog, glad I found it yesterday :)
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  2. Well, we got brilliant sunshine today - but a very chilly wind, it really isn't June weather at all. I'm amazed your Other Half braved the rain to sort your pots out - greater love etc etc , eh? Your mint will shoot away now, I'm sure. We had the last of our rhubarb today, with a cooking apple and crumble...mmm very good too! Enjoy tonight's concert - we'll be watching too - give us a wave! (a virtual one, that is!) Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Victoria- had to visit m latest follower, so I am one of yours now! Love the sweet williams! I also adore the background for your blog- I must learn how to get that! Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps- got the background, it just needs tweeking!
      Hx

      Delete
    2. Ah thank you, glad you found the background! It took me a while to work it out too :) xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Victoria, I do wish the weather was nicer for the Jubilee celebration! The Queen looks very elegant indeed, and Catherine is gorgeous! I love the beautiful sweet williams and your lovely garden! The mint cutting is doing very well! How wonderful to find a plum! I love Mollie Makes and those crochet bangles are so sweet! Enjoy the concert! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I`m a new follower to your blog. Love your sweet williams and gardening pics.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Victoria,
    Yep it's been a busy old weekend here in the north west and like wise a cold one!
    Have just come back from my second vintage fair.
    I think it is safe to say that I am vintaged out and all spent up!!
    Enjoy the concert tonight and Thank you for always looking in on me too!
    Love the Sweet williams!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers! woo wee, hope youve enjoyed the jubilee weekend. Thanks for taking part in my Jars of Love swap! Love Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, lovely blog! I just wanted to stop by and say hello and thats the 1st time I've seen my bangles in Mollie makes! I have'nt even seen the issue yet,very excited now!! How did you get on with the pattern, It was the 1st one I've ever written and I've been hoping that I got it right. Good luck with all your gardening, loving the blue plant pots!
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Suzanne! The bangles are simply gorgeous! I'm fairly new to crochet so I've had to look up a couple of stitches - don't think they'll look as fab as yours but not too bad if you don't look too close, haha! Yes I have a bit of a thing for blue pots! :)
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  9. thanks for the update on the jubilee. kate looks fab. as always. good luck with the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is looking great so far! The mint in my garden grows like crazy every year, I'm sure you'll have lots in no time at all. And the sweet williams are so pretty! Can't wait to see photos of the crochet bangles, too-- what a fun project for warmer weather. Stopping by from seeing your comment on Pieces of Wonderful-- isn't Lexie the sweetest?

    xo Julie
    ♥Julie Rose Sews♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pots are looking great. Hasn't the jubilee been great so far. Can't wait for the final day today.

    Mollie Makes looks good. How often does it arrive?

    x Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, yes the jubilee has been fab!mollie makes comes once a month usually during the first week sometime,
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  12. Hi, Victoria! Love your new project and your beautiful garden too! Your pots full of pretty plants are amazing :o) Lovely mint.Sweet Williams look so bright and fresh. I added you to my blogroll so that I don't miss your next post
    Have a sunny week
    love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your flowers are looking so pretty Victoria especially those Sweet Williams...(I have to say I love rhubarb too!)
    The crochet bangles in Mollie Makes are really pretty...unfortunately, I can't crochet...but it's still on my list to hopefully learn one day!
    Hope you enjoyed the concert..It was lovely to see the sun shine at last!
    Hope you have a happy week,
    Susan x
    P.S Have added a link to your lovely Giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan! I love rhubarb too, I'm planting it in an old belfast sink, so hoping it will fair ok!
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  14. I love all your blue pots.Your garden's going to be blooming lovely this Summer!
    The concert was great,wasn't it? Nice that the sun came out too.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank so so so much for all your lovely comments ladies! Wasn't the concert fabulous last night? Only wish we could have gone!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden is looking lovely.Seeing your Sweet Williams made me smile so much. Our garden was full of them when I was a little girl.

    Geraniums are a favourite too. I love the scent of a geranium.

    ReplyDelete